Monday, April 23, 2012

Chapter 19. Approaching


Ra Nae’s POV
“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!”someone was pulling my blanket, making my head hit the pillow again and again.
“Whaaaat?”I didn’t bother to open my eyes. “Go awayyyyy…”
“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!”called the same voice.
I opened one eyes and I was… “AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”I yelled and fell off my bed. “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING HERE?!”
He smirked. “Look outside, will you? Ain’t a beautiful morning? Let’s go jogging!”
“Wha-? Fatto, did you hit your head or something?”I raised one eyebrow. “It’s frekin’ 6 in the…”I analyzed his face. “Fine with me! Just let me put on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt and I’m out!”
I entered the bathroom. “What is he up to?”I mumbled. “And why is the shower…AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! YOU PERVERT! GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!”I slapped the wet and bare skin of the tanned one, while forcing him to leave the bathroom.
“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”laughed fatto from my room’s doorstep. “Priceless! Priceless!”he held his big tummy while laughing his ass off.
Oh yeah?
I smirked.
~*~
“One, two! One, two! One, two! Move it! Move it! Move it!”I chanted as I ran along the boy group. “C’mon, you old geezers! Move your old and lazy asses! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!”
“C…can’t we take…a break?”panted fatto.
“No, we can’t. NOW MOVE THOSE FEET!”I yelled, making him get in the line. “What’s up, sis?”I smirked, seeing Rapunzel’s sister dragging himself after the group. “Lost your breath or soemthing?”
He glared in response, but hurried his steppes so that he cought up with the group again. I analyzed them all. Fatto and GD were the last ones, while Taeyang, the tanned one, was in the front of everyone, closely followed by Seungri and Daesung. I smiled to myself. This was going to be fun!
“TWO MORE LAPS!”I announced as we passed the white mark.
~*~
“Are you ok?”
“Do I look ok to you, Pororo?”I frowned as I rubbed my legs.
He took my foot and started rubbing it so that the muscles would relax. “I thought you had some kind of training when you suddenly took them all to jogging,”he smiled while applying the cold crème. “What were you thinking, Ra Nae? Really now…you’re behaving like a child!”
“Well, excuse me for wanting to do some good!”I puffed my cheeks.
“Is your hand hurting as well?”
“Oh?”I looked at my right hand which I was rubbing with my left one. “A lil’,”I admitted. “Because it’s going to rain.”
“What rain?”he laughed. “The sky is blue. There’s no way it will rain anytime soon.”
“It will, it will. You’ll see,”I looked up the sky.
And it did rain. After half an hour, black clouds covered the blue sky and hid the sun’s light. Heavy rain began pouring from the sky, like the clouds broke above us, releasing their waters on us.
“What do I do with you, huh?”I touched the plane engine which was long forgotten in the barn. “How do I get you fixed, huh?”
“Looks like everytime you’re alone you’re talking to yourself.”
I turned around and saw GD approaching with a rain jacket on him. “What do you want? I’m not in the mood for your jokes right now, you know?”I sighed as I pulled the cover on the engine.
“I’m not here to argue with you. I swear!”
I glanced at his face. “Whatever!”
I sat on the old bench and I started humming a song. It was that time of the day that cought me unprepared and melancholic.
“GD?”
“Hmmmm?”
“Are you really here because of grandpa’s add?”
Silence. Then rain was hitting hard the metal roof, making it sounds like thousands of voices calling out.
“Actually, no,”he answered, making me turn towards him. “I saw what you’re trying to do here, Ra Nae and I want to be a part of it.”
I smiled. “And what am I doing?”
“You are doing your best for Seung Hyun. I have to thank you for that.”
“No need.”
“No, really now! You’re amazing for getting him doing whatever you want and like! I’m his best friend, but I couldn’t even make him quit on drinking. And here you are! You’re really amazing!”
“Being a wrenck ain’t fun. And he’s just…too amazing to remain lost under that thing he calls pain,”I mumbled, looking down at my fingers.
“What are you talking about? He is suffering! From them moment she died, he left himself to die too! A slow death! A painful death. Inside, he’s dead already…”
I clenched my fists. “He’s not! He’s lying to himself! He…he…”
“He what?”
“Nevermind!”
“Tell me!”GD cought my hand and made me look straight into his eyes. “You know something that I don’t.”
It wasn’t a question. But there was an answer.
“I do. But I’m not telling you.”
“Why? I want to know?”
“Look her, GD! This thing that I know is very…it will hurt him deeply. He’ll be even more crushed. I don’t…I will not share this information with anyone else just yet. I’ve got 2 months and a half to put him back on his feet. Then…”
“Put him back on his feet and then what? Crush him again? That ain’t fair you know.”
“If he heals now, maybe he won’t be that crushed,”I shrugged.
“You…are you hoping that he’ll fall in love with you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment